Compare Amazon Music with Our Music Download Store:
Music is an integral part of our lives and having access to it anytime anywhere is what we wish for. There are numerous music stores and sources available today that enable us to lock up and play our musical wish list. Here, we'll check the features and benefits of the Amazon music store and compare it with our music download program, Audials.
Amazon Music Store at a Glance:
Amazon Music is an online music store and locker that is controlled by Amazon.com. It is one of the largest online music stores with around 20 Million DRM free mp3 tracks from a variety of artists. They also provide the greatest online storage space for around 250,000 songs for a reasonable fee. They offer millions of books, DVDs, videos, movies, TV shows and games in their store for watching online or downloading purposes. Due to the tracks being DRM free, Amazon Music enables you to download the mp3 tracks to your phones or players and then transfer them to any other storage medium. There is no subscription fee so you need to purchase the tracks on per song basis. The tracks purchased will be owned by you and can be used for any purpose including personal or commercial.
The online Amazon music player enables you to listen to the tracks for free. A 30 seconds preview for each track is available before making a purchase and the starting price per track is of $0.69. You just need to create a free account to download the tracks. All the song downloads will be in 256 kbps audio quality.
Features of Amazon Music Store:
- All your downloaded songs can be played using the Amazon Cloud player program which is compatible with most of the Operating systems and mobile devices including Androids, iOS, Blackberry, Windows, MAC and more.
- Amazon Cloud Player which is integrated with digital music store enables users to save and play tracks from mobile apps, desktop apps, Sonos and other web browsers like Smart TVs.
- Amazon Cloud Player enables 10 devices including computer, browser, mobile, etc. to be authorized and the accounts get a free storage of 5 GB. Old devices can be de-authorized by the web interface.
- Amazon MP3 downloader enables the user to access music over Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
- You're paying only for the tracks you want to download. You'll own the tracks once you purchase them.
- Advanced search functions are available. You'll be able to search for a song by the artist name, song name, record label name or the music genre. Also, you'll be able to sort tracks by the cost.
- They've songs from all major record labels. You'll be able to comment on songs and rate them. This is helpful for other users to make a decision before they purchase the track. Also, they provide you a platform to sell your music, if you're a musician.
- All your music downloads will be in 256 kbps audio quality.
- They users are able to access and listen to pre-saved desired tracks when they're offline.
- Other than mp3 tracks, they've around 60,000 movies and 10,000 TV shows, videos, games, books and DVDs for download in the music store.
Benefits with Amazon Music Store:
- All song downloads will be saved in Amazon cloud servers and hence you'll be able to stream online or download them to your computers or mobile devices at any time. You need not worry about losing your purchased tracks as you can get them from the online storage server at any time.
- Other than the paid tracks, they've a good number of free mp3 downloads.
- The availability of Amazon Cloud Player and Amazon MP3 downloader to access music conveniently from web browser, mobile apps, desktop apps, Sonos and Smart TVs.
- Offers biggest online storage space for around 250,000 songs for a reasonable fee.
- They've a quality customer support via phone, email and online chat. Also, they've a detailed FAQ page and Help sessions if you need any kind of assistance while browsing through their online store.
Limitations of Amazon Music Store:
- Amazon Music is currently available only in following 9 countries - United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Italy and Spain.
- Amazon depends more on pay per song business structure. They do not have a monthly subscription plan, instead charge $99 for annual subscription.
- Single track price starts from $0.69 and most of the tracks are available for $0.99. Some tracks cost you $1.29.
- Album price starts from just $5. Over 1000 albums are available for this price.
- $99 for annual subscription - No monthly subscription plan.
Compare Amazon Music with Audials:
- Audials has around 10 million music tracks in its store. Also, it can extract 12 billion media files from online video sources. On the other hand, Amazon store has 20 million tracks in its store.
- All our music tracks are free to download whereas Amazon track price starts from $0.69.
- Audials is accessible from everywhere all over the world whereas Amazon mp3 is available in the 9 countries of United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Italy and Spain.
|No. MP3 Tracks
|$0.69, $0.99 or $1.29
|9 countries including USA and UK